Your teeth may chatter and your lips may turn blue, but it’ll still be ridiculously awesome.
Are you filled with joy?
Snow angels! Sledding! Skiing!
Shoveling. Snow tires. Subzero temperatures.
1. No matter how grinchy you’re feeling about living in a winter wonderland, there are two words guaranteed to make you excited about this frigid season: SNOW FORT.
2. Snow fort construction is what snow is intended for. There are so many ways to make one!
3. You can stack up dozens of snowballs.
4. Or use trash cans to make an expansive snow mansion.
5. Use snow stompers (or snowshoes) to make a floor plan before you start to build.
6. Do you think that dealing with a giant trashcan is a bit cumbersome? Understandable. Buckets…
7. …or tubs will also do the trick.
8. If you’d rather not use a tub or a trashcan, you can purchase a special Sno-Castle Kit.
“Includes everything but snow!”
9. Or a useful block mold.
Now you’re a master of the art of snow masonry.
10. Of course, the easiest way to make a snow fort is simply by digging in to a snowbank.
Dogs appreciate a quality snow fort just as much as humans do. It’s a fact.
12. Find a naturally occurring snow fort to make things easier still.
No work necessary!
13. Afraid of cave-ins? Use an umbrella as a roof.
14. Or a few branches.
15. Perhaps a tent.
16. Maybe even a blanket.
17. Your fort can be tall…
18. …or small.
19. And chilling in it doesn’t have to be a daylight only event.
Add a candle for some warmth (light-wise, if not temperature-wise).
20. Fully commit to the ice and snow theme by using an ice votive for your candle.
Learn how to make one of your own here.
21. Use the edge of a shovel to shave away at the snow and create smooth walls.
22. Equip your roof with icicles to threaten away intruders.
Or to emulate a porcupine. Either/or.